At the tail end of 2017, Radial Bar Charts really began catching my attention and in recent weeks, I’ve noticed more and more great uses of this chart type. A fun chart to build, my first Radial Bar Chart was a #MakeoverMonday project and I’ve recently added another fun viz on March Madness. In this edition of the Tableau Tips Directory, we’ll focus on Radial Bar Charts, providing you with links to some fantastic tutorials, blog posts and Tableau Public vizzes, all of which helped me learn how to build this very pretty, addictive chart type.
- It’s your round at the bar by Dave Hart [Dec 2013]
- Radial Bar Charts in Tableau by Rajeev Pandey [Mar 2016]
- #TakeapartTuesday: Adam Crahen MM#1 2017 by Charlie Hutcheson [Jan 2017]
- Design is Justification – MM44 – Bank Holidays by Axel Waleczek [Nov 2017]
- Dinner for two at Wetherspoons by Sarah Bartlett [Dec 2017]
- How do you visualize to a pre-determined design? by Neil Richards [Dec 2017]
Visualizations to Reverse-Engineer
- Boston Red Sox Visualized by Rody Zakovich [Oct 2016]
- Gender Disparity in Australia by Adam Crahen [Jan 2017]
- Somehow, Mondays just got better! by Pablo Gomez [Nov 2017]
- The Winter Olympics Story by Filippo Mastroianni [Feb 2018]
My hope is that these resources will be as valuable to you as they were in helping me learn Radial Bar Charts!! Again, there are likely other great tips out there that I have yet to stumble across. If that’s the case, feel free to add a comment here, including the author of the tip and a link to the tip or Tweet me at @JtothaVizzo and I’ll be sure to add it.